Thursday, April 9, 2009

Major Taylor Velodrome 2009 Season Update



I just got home from work, and checked my e-mail. Much to my delight, Marti from MTV (Major Taylor Velodrome, not the Paramount/Viacom pariah) sent me the 2009 schedule...at least up until May, when it closes for maintenance.

Here's the e-mail:
The Major Taylor Velodrome is gearing up for the 2009 season. Check the calendar on our website* for racing & training dates.

*FYI – if you have the Velodrome page bookmarked, you may have to update it. The shortcut www.indyparks.org/velodrome no longer is working; you must start at www.indyparks.org, then select “Park Listings” and “Sports Complexes” and THEN choose “Major Taylor Velodrome”. Once you get there I’d suggest bookmarking it anew.

Please note: Open Riding will be available Saturday, April 18 through Friday, April 24, then again Monday, April 27 through Thursday, April 30 (12:30-3:30; each 3 hour session is $5 per person.) Weekday hours may vary – please call first.

Also: The track will be CLOSED May 1-15, and perhaps longer, for maintenance. As soon as we’re up and running again, I’ll send another note out via this email list.

I'm considering heading up Sunday the 19th, the day after Part III of the Show Up Classic, so if anyone else is down let me know.

No comments: